What is CUCET ?
The Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is an all-India entrance exam held jointly by 14 central universities for admission to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs at all participating schools. CUCET is held once a year in 120 places across India. The exam is two hours long and is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper).
A total of 20 universities are participating in the exam, including 13 central universities. In addition, the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) is a participating institute. The governing university is the Central University of Rajasthan, which accepts applications from eligible students each year.
Entire List of Participating University in CUCET 2021:
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Kerala
- Assam University, Silchar
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri
- Bengaluru Dr.B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics
- Central University of Odisha
- Khallikote University, Berhampur
- Sardar Patel Univerity of Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur
CUCET Exam Dates 2021 have yet to be announced. However, based on previous years’ trends, the CUCET 2021 application form and dates are expected to be released in July or August.
Eligibility Criteria for CUCET 2021
To apply and sit for CUCET 2021, candidates must meet the Central Universities’ eligibility requirements. The following are the criteria for eligibility:
- For UG: To enroll in a Bachelor’s degree program at a Central University, students must have completed class XII from a recognized board. To be eligible for the CUCET 2021, applicants must have obtained a minimum of 50% in class XII, while SC/ST candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45 percent in class XII.
- PG: Applicants for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. To be eligible for CUCET 2021, candidates must have obtained a minimum of 55 percent (general)/ 50 percent (SC/ST) in the same field of Bachelor’s degree or a different degree.
- For PhD programs, applicants must hold a Master’s degree from a recognized university or institute in order to be considered for admission to research programs. To be eligible for PhD programs at the Central Universities, a candidate must have a minimum of 55 percent (Genera)/ 50 percent (SC/ST).
IMP NOTE: Candidates who have passed the UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM, or any other national level examination are not required to take the admission exam. The candidate must, however, enroll for CUCET 2021.
The application process for the CUCET exam is straightforward, as detailed below:
1: Fill out the CUCET application form first
Candidates can fill out the CUCET 2021 application form online at the exam’s official website. Candidates can pay the CUCET application fee online (through debit/credit card) or via SBI Challan after completing the form.
|Category||CUCET Application Fee (Rs)|
IMP NOTE: Candidates can apply to a maximum of three participating universities/ institutes with a maximum of three-course options at each institution with the application cost specified above. If an applicant decides to apply to additional institutions, he or she must pay the application fee again.
2: Obtain a copy of the CUCET Admit Card
Candidates can print out their CUCET 2021 admit card by downloading it from the exam’s official website. The hall ticket is a required document to bring to the examination center.
3: Take the CUCET Exam
Candidates must then sit for the CUCET 2021 exam at the designated exam center. Each day, the Common Entrance Test is held in three sessions for various UG and PG degrees.
4: Examine the CUCET results
Candidates can view their CUCET 2021 results on the exam’s official website. The names and application numbers of candidates who passed the entrance exam will be included in the results.
5: Attending the Round of Interviews
Please keep in mind that this stage is solely for candidates applying for the MSc/MA in Digital Society program. “In the interview process, candidates may be asked to express their interests for the program, career aspirations, and other academic questions to determine their suitability for the program,” according to the official website.
In the exam, the interview is worth 25% of the points.
IMPORTANT FAQ’s Related to CUCET EXAM:
Q: Who is in charge of the CUCET exam?
A: The CUCET test is jointly administered by the 13 core universities that participate. The Central University of Rajasthan, on the other hand, is the coordinating university, and it encourages students to apply every year.
Q: Can I get into particular courses by taking the CUCET exam?
A: You can get into a range of UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs by taking the CUCET exam.
Q: Does the CUCET exam take place online?
A: No, CUCET is a pen-and-paper-based test that is administered offline.
Q: How many times does CUCET take place each year?
A: The CUCET exam is only given once a year, in the month of May. The exam has been postponed this year due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Q. Is there an interview round for all programs?
A. No, the interview round is just for those who are applying for the MSc/MA in Digital Society program. The interview is worth 25% of your grade.
Q. What should I do to prepare for the CUCET?
A. Candidates are strongly urged to go over the material thoroughly and thoroughly comprehend the exam structure and marking scheme. Candidates should also complete several sample papers, mock examinations, and question papers from prior years.
The above information will surely assist you in the preparation of the CUCET Exams and would have cleared all your concerns and doubt related to this examination. Best of luck to all the candidates who are preparing for CUCET 2021.
Jagpreet is a Digital Marketing Expert and EdTech enthusiast. Having a total experience of over 11 years, he has been working in the Education industry for the past 6 years. Over the years, Jagpreet has mastered multiple trades such as Web Development, SEO, IT, Content Writing, Graphic Designing, etc. He is an extremely tech-savvy individual who loves gaming.