What is the IBPS RRB Exam?
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an examination for the Common Recruitment Process for RRBs (CRPRRBs XII) in the months of August and September. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of Group A “Officers” and Group B “Office Assistants”.
- It consists of three phases- Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and the Interview. The interviews are conducted by the Nodal Regional Rural Banks. They are assisted by National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD) and IBPS.
- For the candidates who want to take up the post of “Office Assistant”, they are required to qualify the preliminary as well as the main examination.
- For candidates aiming for the “Scale I” services, they have to appear for the preliminary and main examination as well as the interview.
Purpose of the IBPS RRB Exam
The purpose of the IBPS RRB exam is to recruit candidates for the Group A and Group B services at the Regional Rural Banks. The Group A services include the Officers at Scale I, II and III. The Group B Services consist of Office Assistants for various purposes. Any individual who aspires to join Group A and Group B Services at the Regional Rural Banks must appear for this examination.
Highlights & Exam Pattern of the IBPS RRB Exam
|Name of the Exam||IBPS CRP RRB Exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Frequency||Once Every Year|
|Mode of Exam||Online Computer-Based Test|
1. Office Assistant
– Reasoning, – Numerical Ability2. Officer Scale-I
– Reasoning, – Quantitative Aptitude
– Reasoning, – Computer Knowledge, – General Awareness, – English Language, – Hindi Language, – Numerical Ability
2. Officer Scale-I
– Reasoning, – Computer Knowledge, – General Awareness, – English Language, – Hindi Language, – Quantitative Aptitude
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer; -0.25 for each wrong answer|
|Exam Duration||45 Minutes for Preliminary
120 Minutes for Main
|Total Questions||80 for Preliminary
200 for Main
|Total Marks||80 for Preliminary
200 for Main
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi and Regional Languages|
In order to apply for the exam, an individual must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Citizen of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan or must be a Tibetan Refugee who had come to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention to permanently settle here. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East
African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam is also eligible. It is to be noted that in case the person is not a citizen of India, they must produce a certificate of eligibility which is to be issued by the Government of India.
- For applying for Office Assistant, a person must be between the age group of 18 to 28 years. For the position of Scale-I Officer, a person must be between 18 to 30 years age; for Scale II Officers, an individual must be between 21 to 32 years old and for Scale III Officers, they must be between 21 to 40 Years old. SC/ ST categories enjoy an age relaxation of 5 years, OBC of 3 years and PwD of 10 years.
- A person must be a graduate in any field or hold an equivalent degree from a recognised university.
- Individuals applying for Scale II & Scale III Services must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- Knowledge of regional languages is mandatory.
IBPS RRB Exam Date 2023
|Registration Process Start Date||June 1, 2023|
|Registration Process Ending Date||June 21, 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 26, 2023|
|Last Date for Downloading Admit Card||August 19,2023|
|Exam Date||August 5 to September 10, 2023 (Preliminary Examination)|
|Final Answer Key Publishing Date||20 days after the examination|
|Announcement of the Result||To be announced|
Registration Process & Fee
- In order to apply, a candidate must visit the official website of IBPS and click on the “CRP for RRBs” button.
- After that they have to click on the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP- RRBs-OFFICERS (Scale-I, II and III)” or “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP- RRBsOFFICE ASSISTANT (Multipurpose)” option as appropriate.
- On the application form page, they have to select the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” option.
- After that they have to register themselves at the application portal.
- Candidates have to then upload their photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, handwritten declaration and other documents.
- After this, candidates have to fill out the detailed online form and click on “SAVE AND NEXT” button.
- The last step is to pay the application fee via online mode.
|General/ EWS/ NC-OBC||850|
IBPS RRB Admit Card
The Call Letter of the IBPS Exam will contain all the details about the date, time and venue of the examination. Candidates can download the call letter from the official website of IBPS.
IBPS 2023 Exam Centres
- Andhra Pradesh: Anantapur, Chirala, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram
- Arunachal Pradesh: Naharlagun
- Assam: Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur
- Bihar: Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea
- Chattisgarh: Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur
- Gujarat: Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
- Haryana: Ambala, Hisar, Gurugram
- Himachal Pradesh: Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una
- Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu, Samba, Srinagar
- Jharkhand: Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bokaro
- Karnataka: Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udupi
- Kerala: Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Trivandrum
- Madhya Pradesh: Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain
- Maharashtra: Amravati, Aurangabad, Bhiwandi, Chandrapur, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune
- Manipur: Imphal
- Meghalaya: Shillong
- Mizoram: Aizawl
- Nagaland: Kohima
- Odisha: Berhampur, Balasore, Dhenkanal, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur
- Punjab: Amritsar, Jalandhar, Bhatinda, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala
- Rajasthan: Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Salem, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Virudhunagar, Vellore
- Telangana: Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal
- Tripura: Agartala
- Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Faizabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Prayagraj, Varanasi
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee
- West Bengal: Asansol, Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri
IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Syllabus
IBPS RRB Syllabus for Preliminary
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability|
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement||Number Series|
|Alphanumeric Series/Alphabet Test|
|Order and Ranking|
IBPS RRB Syllabus for Main
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability||English/ Hindi Language||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge|
|Input-Output||Quantity Comparison||Reading Comprehension||Current Affairs||History of Computers|
|Coding – Decoding||Data Sufficiency||Cloze Test||Banking Awareness||Internet|
|Verbal/ Logical Reasoning||Number Series||Spotting Errors||Static General Awareness||Hardware Components|
|Alphanumeric Series/ Alphabet Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Sentence Improvement||Government Schemes||Software and Operating System|
|Data Sufficiency||Quadratic Equations||Para jumbles||Important Summits||Database Management System|
|Data Interpretation||Mis-spelt word/ Idiom-Phrase/ Odd one out based Questions||Recent Developments in the Banking Sector||MS Office|
|Arithmetic||Important Banking Terms||Important Shortcuts and Abbreviations|
IBPS RRB 2023: Section Wise Distribution of Question Paper
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability||40||40|
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
IBPS RRB 2023: Expected Exam Cut off
The cut-off of the exam is calculated taking into consideration a number of factors. These are:
- Previous years’ cut-off
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of students appearing for the exam
- Total number of vacancies available in each state
IBPS RRB Important Exam Guidelines
- Candidates must carry the Call Letter and a photo-identity proof to the examination centre.
- One photograph is to be pasted at the Call Letter. In addition to this, candidates must carry one more copy of the same photograph to the examination centre.
- All electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the examination centre.
- Stationery items like a log table, pendrive, geometry box, scale, calculator, bits of paper, writing pads, etc. are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion of the examination.
- Any candidate who is found to use unfair means or misbehaving or furnishing false particulars during the exam shall be disqualified and disbarred from the examination. Such candidates will also be subject to criminal prosecution.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips
- First of all, you must thoroughly go through the syllabus.
- After this, you just break down the syllabus into small and achievable goals.
- Then, you must prepare a time-table for yourself.
- From the very beginning, you must attempt as many mock tests as possible.
- Do not panic. No matter how difficult a question is, stay calm and approach it confidently.
- Do not neglect your health. Engage in exercises and other physical activities. Maintain an active lifestyle.
Click here to access IBPS RRB mock tests
Q1. What is the starting and closing date of Online registration for the IBPS RRB exam 2023?
The application process started on June 1, 2023 and ended on June 21, 2023.
Q2. What is the date of IBPS RRB 2023 exam?
The date of the exam will be mentioned on your Call Letter. The exam will take place in the months of August and September.
Q3. What is IBPS RRB eligibility?
To check the eligibility, click here. (redirect to eligibility section)
Q4. Is IBPS RRB a government job?
Yes, IBPS RRB is a government job wherein you will be working at the Nodal Regional Rural Banks.
Q5. What is the salary package of IBPS RRB?
The monthly salary of an IBPS RRB Clerk is between INR 30,000 to INR 40,000.
Q6. What are the stages of the IBPS RRB exam?
There are three stages in the IBPS RRB Exam, namely- preliminary, main and the interview.
Q7. What are the posts available in IBPS RRB recruitment?
You can appear for the Group A and Group B Services. The Group A consists of the Scale I, Scale II and Scale III Officers. The Group B includes the Office Assistants.
Q8. Is there negative marking in the IBPS RRB exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the IBPS RRB exam. For each wrong answer, one fourth of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
Banner image source: india.com
Kamaldeep Singh is an accomplished digital marketing specialist, and has been associated with the education industry since 2022. With a flair for knowledge, he finds joy in learning and sharing insights on education, technology, digital marketing, and self-care through his writing. He is passionate about cars, tech-gadgets, and loves long drives.