In the present times, one can only excel in their line of work if they have the right skill set and expertise in the current changing market scenario. Unlike the former times, only a degree today is not sufficient to secure a job. A person should be skilled, should be able to handle the projects and should have the expertise to catch up with the deadlines. Even professionals with work experience go for a degree like an MBA to give themselves a career boost, given how an MBA teaches the learner the managerial skills needed to work in the industry today.
MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a two-year degree course that teaches the learners about management and working in a business/firm/office. Digital learning has paved the way for different modes of learning. Today MBA can be pursued either through distance mode or online mode. There are also Executive MBAs that are specially designed for professionals who pursue jobs full-time. They can either attend classes during their free time or during the weekends.
Since Executive MBAs give more liberty and flexibility to the professionals wanting to learn about the managerial skills and expertise, it can be pursued from an institute offering it usually between 2 to 4 years. Executive MBAs are offered in multiple specialisations, one of them being Healthcare Management. EMBA in Healthcare Management has gained immense popularity in the past few years. It is a booming industry with multiple job opportunities.
Healthcare Management: All Time Favorite
The Healthcare industry is an evergreen field and it always needs the best of the professionals to help cater to the needy people and to handle the healthcare facilities and administration. Anyone who is interested in joining the Healthcare industry and work in the Healthcare Management field can apply for an Executive MBA with this specialisation. There are various industries within the Healthcare industry that one can go for after completing their management degree.
EMBA in Healthcare Management teaches the learners about the Healthcare industry, and helps them understand the goals and the requirements of this particular industry. There are both private and public sectors in which the learners can go for work after completing their eMBA. Usually the professionals already have prior job experience take on higher roles like managers or supervisors in the healthcare sectors after their executive MBA.
|Type of Degree
|Post Graduation Degree
|Graduate in any disciplinary field with an aggregate of 50% or more
Minimum 2 years of work experience in a relevant field (can vary)
|Job opportunities in
– Pharmaceutical sectors
– Research Work
– Insurance agencies
– Healthcare offices
Why is Executive MBA in Healthcare Management a Good Option?
As already discussed, the Healthcare industry is an evergreen and booming field. Healthcare has always been and will always be one of the most important industries since it directly impacts each individual. Healthcare Management goes way beyond just working in hospitals.
A professional who is interested to know more about the external or the internal system of the health sector can go for an Executive MBA in this field. Healthcare Management may appeal to those interested in working in the hospital management, pharmaceutical sectors, insurance agencies, research work, healthcare consultancy, etc.
Healthcare Management Specialists tackle various critical management problems faced by healthcare sectors daily. If one has any experience related to hospitals or healthcare or any work related to it, an Executive MBA might interest you as it also will align with their existing experience and knowledge. If you are interested in this healthcare aspect of management, you should definitely apply for this course.
Why Go for an Executive MBA in Healthcare Management?
There are obviously multiple perks as to why an Executive MBA in Healthcare Management can be a career changing option for you. Of course, different job profiles, getting the chance to help people, take upon higher administrative roles, etc. are some reasons why working in the health industry can be the right profession for you.
- One of a kind field of work with multifaceted job opportunities
- Booming industry with increasing employment rates
- Good pay scale of professionals working in the industry
- Endless career prospects
- Sense of job gratification
Career Opportunities after Executive MBA in Healthcare
1. Health Administrator
You can professionally take on the role of a Health Administrator after doing an MBA in Healthcare Management. Your role as a Healthcare Administrator will include:
- Ordering, maintaining, and rightly using the supplies and organising different schedules for different health-related daily drives
- Maintaining proper records of patients, attending doctors, attending staff, etc.
- Using the medical software to the best of its purposes and evolve a highly skillful-management system in your healthcare space
2. Research Manager
As a Research Manager, your primary role will include:
- Running ongoing research smoothly without any interference
- Storing related databases for any further users
- Handling and raising government incentives for ongoing research purposes
- Prepare, maintain, and update the budget plan for the ongoing research
- Refer back to the previous researches, the financial demands of those researches, the success ratios, etc.
3. Media Directors
As a Media Director, you will:
- Handling the advertising, public relations, and marketing of the industry
- Handling database-related planning, data and stats
- Navigating through different changing healthcare trends to make people more aware about their health, the precautions to be taken, self-help activities to improve their health etc.
4. Clinical Managers
Clinical Managers are involved in:
- Running clinical trials at pharmaceutical companies
- The process of coming up with remedies for life-threatening diseases
- Working in different healthcare departments like radiography, sonography, diagnostic departments etc.
5. Health Information Manager
A Health Information Manager:
- Keeps the electronic medical records of patients safe
- Collaborates with IT experts and tech experts to generate databases of patient’s medical history
- Check the data and verify it for its accuracy and accessibility
- Deal with any database-related issues to maintain consistency in the record base
- Maintain confidentiality in each patient’s case
Syllabus of Executive MBA in Healthcare
|Human Resource Management in Health Care
|Quantitative Methods in Health Care
|Operations Management in Health Care
|Project Management in Healthcare
|Accounting for Health Sector Managers
|Marketing Management in Health Care
|Health Systems Research
|Financial Management for Healthcare Managers
|Health Communication: Skills and Processes
|IT in Healthcare Management
|Analytics for Healthcare Management
|Health Care Ethics
|Innovations in Health Care
|Governance and Society
|Regulation and Laws in Health Sector
|Strategic Analysis in Health Care
|Health Care Entrepreneurship and Innovation
|Hospital Operations and Control
|International Health Systems
|Total Quality Management and Accreditation for Health Care Management of Hospital Support Services
|Health Financing and Insurance
|Supply Chain Management in Health Care
|Strategic Management in Health Care
|Public Health Management
|Contemporary Issues in Health Sector
|Seminar Paper / Project Study
Top Institutes Offering Executive MBA in Healthcare Management
|Universities offering Executive MBA
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Centre for Online Learning
|INR 4,00,000/- for Indian students
USD 6,000 for International students
Eligibility for Executive MBA in Healthcare Management
- An applicant needs to have an aggregate of at least 45% or more during the graduation degree. (The benchmark of minimum aggregate requirement may change depending upon the institute you are applying to).
- A minimum experience of 2 to 5 years is generally required for an executive MBA for the specialisation that one applies for, in this case for healthcare management.
- Register at the official website of the institute.
- The next step is to submit all the required documents like proof of identity, education, documents, work, experience, certificate, etc.
- At times, an applicant may also need to submit a no-objection certificate from the workplace they are currently working at.
- After verification, the applicant needs to pay the fee and complete any other formality.
Jagpreet is a Digital Marketing Expert and EdTech enthusiast. Having a total experience of over 11 years, he has been working in the Education industry for the past 6 years. Over the years, Jagpreet has mastered multiple trades such as Web Development, SEO, IT, Content Writing, Graphic Designing, etc. He is an extremely tech-savvy individual who loves gaming.