What is the CUET Exam?
There are thousands of universities across India in which millions of students are enrolled in different programmes. The Ministry of Education along with the Government of India established the NTA (National Testing Agency) which is an independent and autonomous testing organisation. NTA is assigned with the task of conducting CUET (Central University Entrance Test) for both graduate and postgraduate programmes for students to take admissions in different programmes in central universities.
Purpose of the CUET-PG Exam
The presence of CUET as a testing platform has set a uniform standard to assess the competency of different candidates that apply for admissions in postgraduate programmes to premier higher education, central universities. It serves as a common portal for students who wish to be part of esteemed postgraduate programmes in the top universities of the country. Let’s say you have 3 institutions as your top choices in mind that you would like to apply for in case of pursuing a postgraduate degree in your desired field. So now, with CUET-PG, rather than applying individually for each institution, you can just apply for all the institutions at once if they are enrolled under CUET-PG. Your score will determine your rank which will further show your competency and eligibility for any university.
Highlights & Exam Pattern of the CUET
|Name of the Exam
|CUET (Central University Entrance Test) 2024
|Department of Higher Education- NTA
|Once Every Year
|March 11-28, 2024
|Mode of Exam
|Computer Based Test
|– Hindi / English Language Comprehension/Verbal Ability- 25 questions
– Domain-Specific- 75 questions
|Types of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|4 marks for each correct answer
-1 mark for each wrong answer
|Medium of Exam
|English and Hindi
If you are interested in pursuing any postgraduate exam and wish to take the CUET for the same, here is the detailed eligibility criteria.
- One must have scored at least 50% (45% for reserved categories) in any of the disciplinary fields during their graduation degree from a UGC-recognised university.
CUET Exam Date 2023
|Registration Process Start Date
|26 December 2023
|Registration Process Ending Date
|24 January 2024
|City Intimation Date
|4 March 2023
|Admit Card Release Date
|To be announced
|11-28 March, 2024
|Provisional Answer Key Publishing Date
|4 April 2024
|Announcement of the Result
Registration Process & Fee
To register for the CUET-PG exam, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of CUET PG and click on the registration link.
- Fill in the requisite details and register yourself at the portal.
- After this, log in using your user id and password.
- Fill the detailed application form and upload the photograph, signature and category certificate in the prescribed format.
- Pay the fee and keep a printed copy of the form for validation.
The category-wise registration fee for the CUET exam is as follows:
A candidate has two options to make the payment of the registration fee- PayU and CCAvenue. You can pay with your credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI or through the Scan & Pay option.
CUET Admit Card
The admit card for the CUET will be released in about a week after the city intimation date, March 4. One can download the admit card from the official website of the CUET.
CUET 2023 Exam Centres
|Alappuzha / Chengannur
|Allahabad / Prayagraj
|Kozhikode / Calicut
|Ernakulam / Muvattupuzha
|Kullu (Himachal Pradesh)
|Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar
|Gulbarga / Kalaburagi
|Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)
|Srinagar (J & K)
|Berhampur / Ganjam
|Hyderabad / Secunderabad
|Itanagar / Naharlagun
|Bhilai Nagar / Durg
|Noida / Greater Noida
|Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh)
|Udupi / Manipal
|Patiala / Fatehgarh Sahib
|Valsad / Vapi
You can check the stream-wise syllabus for CUET by visiting: CUET Exam Syllabus
CUET 2024: Expected Exam Cut-off
The cut-off of the CAT exam is calculated taking into consideration a number of factors. These are:
- Previous years’ cut-off
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of students appearing for the exam
- Total number of seats
The cut-off will differ from college to college and subject to subject as there are different subjects that students pursue post-graduation in.
Colleges that Accept CUET Scores
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Delhi
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
- The ICFAI University, Sikkim
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Punjab
- SRM University, AP
- IIMT University, Meerut
& Many More.
CUET Important Exam Guidelines
There are certain things that you must keep a note of while appearing for the exam. These are:
- Carry your Admit Card and a Photo ID Proof, Self Declaration Form and a Passport-Size Photograph to the examination centre.
- You must sit at your allocated seat only.
- You will be provided with a rough sheet for the rough work. Hand over the rough sheet to the invigilator after the completion of the exam.
- All electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the examination centre. Do not carry them with yourself.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion of the examination.
- No printed or other textual material is allowed inside the examination hall.
CUET Preparation Tips
- Find out the pattern, the syllabus and what changes have been made for the current year in the examination. Go Through the syllabus and previous years’ question papers to familiarise yourself with the format of the exam.
- Once you are aware of the syllabus, prepare a timetable for yourself. Divide each section into short goals and assign a deadline for finishing each of these goals.
- Go online and look offline for all the mock tests that you may find. This will prepare you in terms of time management and you will also get an idea of the pattern being followed in the exam.
- Prepare and focus a lot on your domain-specific subjects as they carry more weight.
- Be calm during the exam. Choose what section you wish to go for first and then calmly attempt the questions. Skip the questions that you are finding at the moment and come back to them later if you have some time left to attempt them again.
- Maintain an active lifestyle. Make sure to take proper meals, and breaks between study sessions and keep yourself motivated.
Kamaldeep Singh is an accomplished digital marketing specialist, and has been associated with the education industry since 2022. With a flair for knowledge, he finds joy in learning and sharing insights on education, technology, digital marketing, and self-care through his writing. He is passionate about cars, tech-gadgets, and loves long drives.