Students are attracted to BBA because it is a professional degree that eventually brings financial stability. BBA is among the most sought-after undergraduate studies that deals with the nuances of business and management. It offers a wide range of disciplines such as marketing, finance, operations, international business and much more that helps students grow holistically. Additionally, they also learn about leadership, managerial and entrepreneurship roles and what skills are needed to inculcate that mindset.
Skills Learnt in a BBA Degree
BBA is a versatile course that can be opted for by students from any stream. It helps hone skills that can assist students to build bigger projects.
Skills that students learn in BBA are:
- Soft Skills such as interpersonal skills, communication skills
Management courses are an ideal choice to hone soft skills. It helps inculcate various interpersonal skills such as teamwork, verbal and non-verbal communication, empathy, networking and much more.
- Leadership Skills
Management courses primarily opt because it helps inculcate leadership capabilities. It helps build a sense of responsibility, instil decision-making abilities, and people management competency.
Students opt for BBA courses so that they can build something of their own. Entrepreneurship is among the most chosen specialisations among students because, either they want to establish their business or assist in family business.
- Critical Thinking
Critical thinking and problem-solving are among the skills that are taught in BBA courses. The students understand the need of ideation, risk management and maintaining a balance in the team during such situations.
- Market Research
Nothing can be executed without thorough research. Hence, students are instilled with the habit of researching rigorously before planning, and executing. It is vital to understand the competitions, do gap analysis research and understand the needs of customers. A BBA degree can do it all.
- Strategy Building
Every project and idea begins with a strategy. A well-thought strategy can help organisations carve a niche for themselves in the national and international market. Students in BBA courses are taught how to create a strategy based on market research, that is highly competitive and successful.
Introduction to NMIMS’ Open and Distance Learning BBA Program
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies offers industry-oriented management courses. The university has gained Category-1 Autonomy Status by the UGC due to which it can tweak its curriculum according to the latest industry standards. This helps students study and update curriculum and compete in the global market. With special focus on inculcating practical skills, NMIMS distance BBA helps students grab higher managerial roles.
The course also helps students get a clear understanding of business management across various disciplines. It aims to impart skills such as creative and critical thinking, problem-solving and business analytics. Additionally, the course caters to risk management, effective communication & networking skills, and building carefully crafted strategies that can help an organisation stand in the global market.
Program Structure and Curriculum
|Essentials of Management
|Business Statistics for Decision Making
|Essentials of Financial Accounting
|Principles of Marketing
|Cost and Management Accounting
|Essentials of IT
|Environment and Disaster Management
|Business and Allied Laws
|Performance Management System
|Introduction to Analytics
|Human Resource Management
|International Business & Export Import Management
|Production & Total Quality Management
|Fundamentals of Taxation
Semester 5 and 6 deals with specialisations, namely – Marketing and Finance. Hence, the program structure varies.
- 10+2 in any field from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks
- 10+2 in any field from a recognised board with a minimum of 45% marks and at least 2 years of work experience
- SSC (10) + 3 years Diploma recognised by AICTE with a minimum of 55% marks
Option 1: Full Fee Payment
Option 2: Annual Payment
Option 3: Semester-wise Payment
Stats have shown that more than 324 (and still counting) students have enrolled in NMIMS’ distance BBA program. Even as an undergraduate degree, it opens the doors of opportunities for the students. Students can make a career as:
- Assistant Marketing Manager: Subjects such as Strategic Brand Management, Entrepreneurship Management and Customer Relationship Management are some of the subjects that are taught in BBA Marketing specialisation. It helps the students gain right skills to land jobs in the marketing industry such as Assistant Marketing Manager, Digital Marketer, etc.
- Assistant Finance Manager: A BBA graduate learns about Finance Management, Finance Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance and much more. It makes them an all rounder in this domain. Hence, it can help them land jobs like Assistant Finance Manager.
- Assistant HR Manager: During BBA, students study varied subjects such as HR Management, Principles & Practices in Management, etc. which prepare them to carry out the roles and responsibilities of the HR Department efficiently.
- Accountant: BBA degree includes various subjects such as accounting, auditing, financial report management and many more that help students land a job in the accounting sector. Such knowledge can help students land accounting positions in corporate as well as government sectors.
- Entrepreneur: A BBA is an ideal choice for entrepreneurship that too at the graduation level. Many students have a business idea and a degree gives them the right direction to plan and execute it.
NMIMS has carved a niche for itself in management courses and is also ranked among the top 10 Business Schools in India. Due to its curriculum and academic excellence it has received various accreditations by statutory bodies. There are several career options available to students after completing a graduate degree in BBA from NMIMS, but not all students are aware of the different routes they can take to create a successful career. The university ensures that students get ample opportunities to develop effective interpersonal skills, communication skills and managerial skills through the course. BBA programs from NMIMS provides knowledge of business services among its students and aims to nurture entrepreneurship skills of the students who aspire to become an entrepreneur in future.
The modern corporate world is always on the look-out for new professionals equipped with industry-oriented knowledge when entering the professional workforce. Considering the need of the hour, NMIMS and its distance BBA programs can be modernised, industry-aligned and globally recognised with specialisations to help its students to stay ahead of time and stand apart from the crowd.
Jagpreet is a Digital Marketing Expert and EdTech enthusiast. Having a total experience of over 11 years, he has been working in the Education industry for the past 6 years. Over the years, Jagpreet has mastered multiple trades such as Web Development, SEO, IT, Content Writing, Graphic Designing, etc. He is an extremely tech-savvy individual who loves gaming.