CMAT 2022 is one of the main national level MBA admission exams for MBA/PGDM 2022-24 batch in AICTE recognized management colleges, and it will be conducted as a three-hour computer-based test by National Testing Agency (NTA). A high CMAT 2022 score will provide MBA admission opportunities in 1000 AICTE-approved MBA/PGDM institutes. CMAT is an abbreviation for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT).CMAT was previously administered by AICTE; however, the test is currently administered by the Government of India’s National Testing Authority (NTA). Every year, around 70,000 applicants apply for the CMAT. CMAT provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to all exam takers because no one is rejected as a result of its results.
Why give CMAT?
MBA hopefuls encounter a plethora of MBA entrance tests at the national, state, and institute levels and become perplexed as to which MBA entrance exam they should apply for and sit in. Here are a few pointers which prove CMAT to be highly beneficial:
- Difficulty level: medium
- Even if a test taker has a score of zero, he or she is not banned from taking the CMAT.
- CMAT provides MBA/PGDM admission opportunities at AICTE-approved management institutes.
- you would have already taken other major MBA entrance tests such as CAT, IIFT, XAT, NMAT, and SNAP, among others, by the time CMAT is held. As a result, there is no need to put in extra effort to prepare for the CMAT exam because it has the same sectional makeup and a reduced level of difficulty.
- Most of India’s top MBA/PGDM universities accept CMAT scores for admission. Among these are JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, Great Lakes, GIM Goa, IMT Nagpur, BIMTECH Greater Noida, and 330 MBA/MMS colleges in Maharashtra.
CMAT Test pattern
It is a 3-hour long exam consisting of 5 sections- Quantitative Technique, General Awareness and Innovation, Logical Reasoning, Entrepreneurship, and Language Comprehension. Each section has 20 questions.
- For the three-hour exam, there will be 100 questions.
- All of the questions are objective in nature and are in the form of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The difficulty level of the questions is easily modifiable.
- Each right answer receives a +4 mark.
- Each incorrect answer is penalized with a -1 point deduction.
- There is no time limit for attempting the question paper on an individual basis. Within the entire CMAT exam timeframe, candidates may attempt any question out of any area.
- The Merit Score and percentile are derived using all of the sections.
- The CMAT result card displays the actual score out of 400 marks, the sectional score, and the sectional and aggregate percentile attained in the exam.
CMAT important dates
The CMAT registration process will begin on February 16, 2022 whereas the last date to apply for the CMAT exam is March 17, 2022. The following is a detailed calendar of CMAT Exam 2022 dates, as well as additional CMAT 2022 significant dates and details:
|Exam Registration starts||February 16, 2022|
|Last date to apply||March 17, 2022|
|Correction in Application Form||From March 19 to 21, 2022|
|Admit Card Download start date||March 28, 2022|
|Last date to download CMAT Admit card||April 17, 2022|
|CMAT Exam Date||April 17, 2022|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Result Date||April 26, 2022|
Important Topic: NMIMS Distance MBA Admission 2022
Another Important Exam: CAT 2022 Exam: Dates, Applications, Fees, Eligibility
Jagpreet is a Digital Marketing Expert and EdTech enthusiast. Having a total experience of over 11 years, he has been working in the Education industry for the past 6 years. Over the years, Jagpreet has mastered multiple trades such as Web Development, SEO, IT, Content Writing, Graphic Designing, etc. He is an extremely tech-savvy individual who loves gaming.